Most helpful review

BBV HOT MOVIE SALE IS A BIG SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

My husband ordered a movie from BBV Hot Movie Sale back in 2011 and at that time allegedly agreed to become a member and pay for a membership, which allows one to receive discounts on movie purchases. A woman there said that I myself called her on August 22, 2011, to ask about these monthly charges of $9.95 but did not request for the membership to be canceled. I have absolutely no recollection of that call. I requested that the woman cancel the membership and that BBV Hot Movie Sale stop charging my credit card. She said that she could refund six month's worth of the charges I incurred since 2011 and asked that I inform my bank that she was going to do that. THIS IS A SCAM! Read the fine print before you click a button online! This has cost me a few HUNDRED dollars, and that's a lot of money to someone like me! These people should be ashamed. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

Hello, I'm Nick from the HotMovieSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Please note that our membership program is optional and there is no obligation to join in order to purchase any of the products we offer. Also, there is no automatic sign up during your shopping experience with us.

In order to become a member, you must first agree to the terms and conditions of our offer, which are clearly shown to you before you make a purchase.

Additionally, having a membership entitles you to exclusive money-saving benefits such as Free Shipping on your first order, $5 off the first in-stock item you order as a new member, up to 30% off regular product prices each time you shop, extra discounts every month and much more. Plus, you have access to DVDs, books, music, video games, posters, vitamins and more, all at deeply discounted prices.

Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer products and services that our customers value. We ask that you contact our Support Team either by telephone or by submitting a support ticket so that we can help resolve any issue you may have with our products or services.

To contact us, please visit http://www.hotmoviesale.com/support/ We also invite you to see what other customers are saying about our services, please visit our Testimonials page at: http://www.hotmoviesale.com/store/testimonials.aspx Sincerely, HotMovieSale.com

Hello, I'm Nick from the HotMovieSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Movie Review

I GOT ONE MOVIE FROM THEM FOR Chirstmas and now they are charging me 9.95 a month for membership I didnt know about
North Webster, Indiana
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Fraudulent Billing

BBV has been bilking me of $19.95 each and every month on my Amex card for over a year now. I have never used them before, never bought anything from them, and have never joined any "club". I have never downloaded any movie or video from anyone before, much less BBV, as I use my computer for business almost exclusively. Like a lot of people, I have not been as diligent in checking the charges on my Amex statements like I should. I have been glossing over the small charges such as this one. Never again--BBV will not rip me off again!

I am disputing charges that BBV has charged to my M/C for the past 5 months. Hopefully Capital One can clear this up.

ID

Charged for a movie that I did not order or receive and paid monthly memvbership due ever since

Supposedly the order happened in June of 2012. I have no recollection of this ever happening. I certainly missed the fine print that said I would be billed $19.95 ever after. I have never received a print catalog or email from this company (very loosely used term). I was not surprised how easily a complaint site was located for this business. Really what is their business? Where is the ever present government monitoring when an innocent could use it? Perhaps a House sub-committee could hold an investigative hearing on fraud with criminal intent. I wonder if this business is responsible for the 100's of emails I have received. Canceling my "membership" (ha, ha) hopefully will ease the size of my inbox. Please help.
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Purchased Season 1 movie @ $9.95 Aug 2013. I DECLINED membership but have been fraudently charged a total of $49.75.

The fraudulent charges began in September 2013. My husband (an accountant) told me to give them another month to get their records updated. The $9.95 charges continued. So, I began calling the BBV Hot Movie Sale .com phone number (1-86*-566-****) in Florida. That is the number listed on my Target credit card statement. I have gotten a busy signal each time I've called. I've attempted to contact them online, but was unsuccessful. Contacted Target Fraud,but they haven't returned my calls. I sent a dispute letter to Target headquarters . I don't know what else to do but cancel my card.
Tucson, Arizona
Loss

Billed for services never received

I ordered a DVD for my Mom and ended up with a subscription to a service that never delivers anything more than the one movie I ordered. Only after investigating charges to my credit card did the situation come to light. No communications, no billing, no service delivered or even offered. I call the company using the phone number on my credit card bill and they acknowledged the problem, apologized and offered to give me six months refund. This means they know they are ripping people off and readily admit it. They need to be shut down, and prohibited from selling any such services.
Boca Raton, Florida

Total scam

I never purchased anything from this company and they charged 9.95 to my card .... when I called to ask what exactly I ordered from them - they said they would need my info to look up my account ... I do not have an account!!! Never give your info to this company - they are thieves and scammers without a doubt ... dispute it with your bank instead. Had a half hour argument with the barely english speaking person on the phone and all she wanted was my personal information, who knows what kind of damage they could do with that considering they got my credit card number without it - I hope this company goes down!!!!
Las Vegas, Nevada

BBV HOT MOVIESALE.COM

I also found a charge for $19.95 on my credit card and called them and found it to be a membership fee I knew nothing about. I was told it would be cancelled from my card. I then called my credit card company and told them it was suppose to be cancelled. My credit card company told me they would watch for this illegal charge to be cancelled but it might take 5-7 business days to be received cancellation notice from bbv hotmoviesale.com and to wait. If it is not cancelled they will call me back about it.
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Loss

Scam unauthorized membership with no benefits

I purchased a DVD from this company over a year ago. A charge of $19.95 began appearing on my credit card in April 2012. I called and was told it was for a membership I signed up for, which is NOT the case. I was billed a total of 13 times for $19.95. During that time I received NO communication from this company and NO benefits. I finally reached a call center in India this evening and was promised a refund of two of those 13 months and a cancelled membership. FRAUD plain and simple. I am forwarding this to our Attorney General, asking for a chargeback from my credit card company, and will cooperate with any class action suit initiated against this scam. A GOOD ENDORSEMENT FOR PAYPAL so they can't charge your credit card without authorization.
Wallingford, Connecticut

Dano Bad Bones

Update by user Mar 13, 2013

I still as of late have not heard from my bank as weather or not all the money has been refunded but at least their has been no more new charges

Original review posted by user Feb 10, 2013
I purchased 4 Tittles from BBV Hot Movies.com and at the time they offered a $5.00 discount if I was to buy from them that day, so I took advantage of the discount. This was last June 2012. Today I went to check my Credit Card balance and saw a recurring charge for $9.95. I was unaware of this charge, I felt so ***. After calling the Credit Card fraud department I called BBV Hot Movie.com and I ask them to help me understand the charges. They explained how I was duped in to the monthly fee’s it was the $5.00 discount it had strings attached that I was unaware of, but by not yelling at them or calling them thief’s. I was able to get them to refunded me 2 of the 7 months and they put in a request for a full refund. So at least they wear willing to help me. Instead of an attitude of ”so sad to bad” , I treated them with respect and I got it stopped and a refund. But I’m still filling a complaint with my bank’s fraud department to make sure it is stopped. I want to make sure I get a complete refund. SO BEWARE of discounts online and READ the small PRINT so you don’t end up like me. I'm Pissed it happened but cool heads prevailed and I should get a full refund
Fort Smith, Arkansas

Membership?????

I noticed some charges on my checking account and called the company They insisted I became a member after a purchase. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I demanded a refund and supposedly I will receive a refund. That is good, but they are very rude and wouldn't listen to me without me being rude and yelling back. I am warning all that are thinking about purchasing from BBV Hot Movie Sales. I am so tired of hidden deadlines, at least I don't remember reading about a deadline so I lost a little bit of money but it is still a loss.

You have been deducting $9.95 from my checking account every month. Please send me your coroporate address.

Columbus, Ohio

What is this

Hello how are you my card is being charged for this movie site I do not have an account here how did you get my visa card number I am not Registered with this company the charge was on 07/25/2012 I guess this is the trans action number 866-566**** please if you will send me some kind of information to my home address 803 E 14th St Alma, Ga 31510 About this Matter I do not have an account with this company Please explain to me how dii you get my Visa Card number Thank you it

I'm in the same situation as the rest of you. How did they get my Visa #.

I never opened any type of membership with this company or ordered any movies from them. I'm being charged 9.95 a month. There is noway to contact BBV Hot Movies. There is no address and or phone #.

My Visa company is contacting their bank and has now refunded all my charges from them for the last year.

Please do the same. Give your visa company this web site email address so they can conform all the fraudulent complaints and refund you back your money :(

Seattle, Washington

Not happy about BBV HotMovies way of doing business

I purchased a film for 1.75, when my card statement was available, I noticed there were additional charges of $1 and $19.95. I didn't approve a membership fee (if that is what the charges are). I expect BBV Movies Wholesale to refund the extra charges I didn't approve! I purchased a film for 1.75, when my card statement was available, I noticed there were additional charges of $1 and $19.95. I didn't approve a membership fee (if that is what the charges are). I expect BBV Movies Wholesale to refund the extra charges I didn't approve! Gene Probasco

Please be advised this is www.hotmoviesale.com not www.hotmovies.com as people are referring.

Phoenix, Arizona

Hotmoviesale.com ripped me off! They chagred me $9.95 a month for a membership that I didn't approve

I was charged $9.95 a month for a movie membership that I never approved. I called to dispute the charges and I got an "too bad so sad" attitude. The supervisor that I was transferred to was very rude. I was told that I would have to write their corporate office a letter if I wanted to receive a credit. I am a single mother of three, I worked two jobs and went to school, I did not have time to be looking at my credit card bill. Times "were" hard (I graduated last May)and here I was paying $9.95 a month for something that I DID NOT agree to. Here I was waiting tables to earn money while this company was taking it. I am at fault for not reviewing my bill closer. I've learned my lesson, but come on... what's wrong is wrong. I'm very disgusted with HOTMOVIESALE.COM! I just wanted to buy the movie Sweet Dreams, not pay $189.05 for a membership that again...I did not agree to. NOW I HAVE TO WRITE THE CORPORATE OFFICE TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES. Like I'm not busy enough as it is. I'M Very Upet -Veronica (Texas)

Deceiving sneaky business. I'm sure they got all their bases covered, $19.95 a month membership fee charged to my credit card. They have a P.O.Box for a address??? They know there scamming people.

Just look at the choice they give when canceling a membership.

Please help us improve the quality of our services by selecting a reason for your cancellation:

1. I never wanted the BestBrandValues service.

2. I didn't know that I would become a BestBrandValues member.

3. My order was canceled because the ordered item was not in stock.

4. I have no use for BestBrandValues benefits.

5. I'm not satisfied with BestBrandValues services.

6. I don't know what BestBrandValues offers

7. Support - fraudulent member

8. Unverified BY CC Payment

This is a sleazy company that makes money by tricking people and then hides behind their fine print excuse. They can't make money legitimately, or simply chose not to.

cancell my account asap

Hi there,

I'm Jeff from the {HotMovieSale.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concern of automatic sign up, we do not offer a mandatory membership and you can choose whether to join the membership and order or whether to order without joining the membership. Also, the membership sign up is not automatic, and you have to agree to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership. The Terms of Offer are very clear on the checkout page and you have to agree to them in order to place the order and join the membership.

If you join the membership then you are entitled to many membership benefits like special $5.00 discounted price for first item, free shipping for first item and wholesale prices for all ordered items. If you had not joined the membership then these benefits would not have been applied to you.

We try to help all our customers to the best of our abilities. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us via Phone support,chat support or support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for the advice. I have been thinking about purchasing from Hot Movie Sale.

I went on to the site and it clearly states that you will be joining their company Best Brands if you want to purchase and get the $5 off discount on the first purchase. It seems like a fair deal to me as long as you know what you are getting into.

View more comments (4)
Corpus Christi, Texas

BBV Hot Movie sale scams consumers

I have been charged $19 for several months on my credit card. I have read many comments on several different sites about similar experiences. I must have purchased a movie at some time along the line and "joined" their club, incurring a silent fee. They will charge both credit and debit cards. I would like to know if there is a legal means to stop them. I am a rank and file person who works seventy hours a week to pay the mortgage and put my kids through school. So I am officially pissed off at what could have been my son's lunch money or a set of tires for the family car. BBV Hot Movie Sale is the billed company.

This no# to call works.Not only did they cancelle the unautherize membership they sent a credit to my credit card & the lady (nadia) that help me was very courteous & helpfull. Earl G. 2-23-12

When you purchased a movie from HotMovieSale.com, you also knowingly (had to read the very fine line) signed up for a $19.95/mo membership in bestbrandvalues.com (Check your email records)To cease the monthly service aka stealing your money. Call Toll-Free 1-86*-***-**** and ask them to cancel the service.

Then Call your Credit Card Company and contest the charges. In the future always check your credit card monthly statement for questionable charges.Good Luck Call Toll-Free 1-86*-***-****

View more comments (1)
Sag Harbor, New York

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article